Monday, June 20, 2011

Perfect

This week was so good. We had a baptism, and it was amazing. * is one of the first people I taught on my mission. I got to Norway after she had been taught lesson one, or about Joseph Smith. I love teaching her. You can tell she was ready for the gospel. She converted herself by reading Mormons Bok. * is my age and grew up here in Norway. I'm really impressed with her. She understands what she committed to and I don't worry about her one bit. I am only thankful that I have a such an amazing friend in Norway.She got baptised on Saturday and everything went really well...except there was no hot water. When she got in the water she let out a small yelp. Right after she came out of the water she again let out a little ''AH,'' but it was followed by ''that was... perfect.'' I was so happy because she was so happy, and it was perfect, despite the ice bath, because she thought it was. I really felt something strong when she was baptised. What a good use of words, right? I don't really know how to explain it, but it felt so good and I was so happy. I love being a missionary.

We were pretty busy this week with teaching and getting stuff ready for the baptism that we didn't really have much time to contact. I really do miss it when we don't get to go out and talk to people on the street. It is so interesting and so awesome to be able to just start teaching someone that you just met

Here is another funny story you might like. There is a member here named Søster *. She is maybe in her 50's or 60's. Anyway, she is in the Relief Society here and so I find myself calling her all the time. I know that the quickest way to learn a language is to make all the mistakes you can once so you understand...so I just go for it. She thinks I'm hilarious and just laughs the whole time we are on the phone. (I've started to look forward to calling her because she thinks it is so funny). After the baptism I said to her ''Takk for alt!'' Because she had done so much to help us get ready and have food. She just started laughing and laughing, and I couldn't understand what was so funny, because I was pretty sure I had said just what I wanted to...''Thanks for everything.'' I asked her what was so funny and I guess ''Thanks for everything'' is something you say to people that are dying or are dead. Like maybe at the top of an obituary or on a head stone. She thought it was so funny and still laughs and says ''takk for alt'' when she sees me. It's good I thrive on experiences like that. I love that it keeps both of us laughing.

Love and miss you all!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment