Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Good News!

I got some really good news this week. Hayley T. Castle is going to have a waffle stand at the Provo Farmers Market. Why is this maybe the best news ever?

1. I love waffles.

2. I love summer.

3. I love farmers markets.

4. I love Hayley!

So do me a favor, go buy one of her waffles, give her hug, take a picture, and send it to me. Yay Hayley! You knew I’d be proud, and I’m so proud. Add the tennis lessons and I’m just jealous.

Maybe if I was in Norway I wouldn’t be. I know you’re hoping for this next line to say, “Oh wait, I am in Norway.” But, alas, it cannot be. In case you haven’t heard, we experienced some work permit difficulties. Everything is all in the middle of being resolved; hopefully we will leave by the end of the week. We met and elder who had been here for 16 weeks; that is 7 over how many he was supposed to stay. One extra week really won’t be bad.

Apparently the MTC has this library of devotional talks from the past. We watched one by Elder Holland. He usually speaks with a lot of power, but this one was so powerful because he really let loose. He has a wonderful personality. It was so funny. He said he wished he had chains or rope or even curtains to tie up any missionary who wanted to go home. He said not for his own sake, or the Church’s sake, or even for Heavenly Father’s sake, but for the sake of the missionary. His mission just meant too much to him and he wants everyone to have that experience. I have totally felt like this is an amazing opportunity and that I am so blessed to be able to serve. I love you all mucho grande, but I want to be here right now, with all of my heart.

Also, I’m growing a sunflower in the MTC classroom. So good.

Happy Mother’s Day, hopefully from 4792.3 miles away!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out, Fred! That seriously made my day.

    ReplyDelete