Monday, July 18, 2011

Kinda short today...

This week I have been thinking a lot about the choice I made when I was 8 to be baptised. I wondered if that was too young to make such an important decision. But in a way...I trust my 8 year old self quiet a bit. As an 8 year old I knew I wanted to be a good person. Everything was real simple then...and it was easy to know what was good and bad. My attention was naturally drawn to those things that were most important, family, friends, how I spent my time. I didn't care what I wore or who said what. I knew that drugs were not good for my small body. I knew it was important to be honest and kind. I knew school was important. If there is anyone in the world I would trust to make the decision to be baptised, it would be my 8 year old self.
 
I love it see how the spirit changes people. I love to see how excited new people are the first time they come to church. We had 9 people in the church on Sunday...it was amazing. I am really starting to see what a long road it is for these people to get to baptism. Everything I write doesn't do what I'm experiencing justice. 

Here is a funny story...They asked Sister J and I to sing at a baptism this week, acapella. After a few practice rounds we decided maybe it would be better if Sister J did it on her own. Ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment