Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Una lluvia de bendiciones.

This last week was amazing. First, I loved General Conference. It was a neat experience to be able to watch it in the MTC. There was an excitement in the air for about 3 days before it started. It really struck me this time that we believe these men and women speak to us on behalf of Heavenly Father. Like they are reading an email of advice from God. I don't always remember that. All the questions I had been having were answered. It made me feel so happy. I think Saturday morning was my favorite session. I simply love what a trust and belief of God does to my life. I'm only getting happier the more I learn. I'm thankful for that.

Also, we got new roommates, and I LOVE them. Just when I think I know all the amazing people in the world I find more truly amazing people. I remember crying 4 months before I was to leave Logan because I thought I would never find such great people but over that summer and fall, I met more beautiful people. And since I've been here I've met so many people who amaze me. My roommate sister S being one of them. She is 29 and from a non-conventional Mormon background, but her faith just shines. Added bonus? She is as funny as they come. One of those humors who never misses a beat. When one Sister starts talking about the million and 1 uses a ninja has for his sword, she doesn't even pause begins to carry the conversation. It isn't too often you meet a person who instantly impresses and changes you, but she is one for me. Her capacity for love is out of control.

Another reason this week was so glorious? I turned 23. The MTC is the happiest place to have a birthday. Thanks to everyone who helped me to celebrate! I got sent some pretty fun things in the mail. Bubbles, glow sticks, cakes, pillow pets, everything you need for a good ole party. My branch also went out of their way to help me celebrate, and my teacher sang and danced the Norwegian birthday song. So Good.

Finally, this week was so good because I got a pretty good story. I was playing volleyball and jambed my thumb. I didn't do anything about it, but by the end of the day by thumb/hand swelled up about 50% and I developed a sweet bruise. They had me go to the doctor here, and he had me walk down to the BYU Wellness Center to get an x-ray. I'm sitting in the doctor's office right now. I think it is pretty funny, because I'm pretty sure my thumb is okay, but they don't take any chances here. I was just laughing while amazing Marty x-rayed my hand, and its even funnier because I am so terrible at volleyball. I should just stick to running.

I love being on a mission. I love all that I'm learning. I even like waking up early everyday. Thanks for reading and supporting me!

P.S. I have a badly sprained hand with an embarrassing brace to go with it. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment