Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year

Yay! New Year's Day in Norway is the best! I had a real good Christmas and an even better New Year. There have been so many good things happening in Bergen. We are lighting this place on fire. 

A is every missionaries dream. He reads and prays, so he has a testimony whether he likes it or not. It is so cool to hear him talk about his own conversion story. It is my favorite one so far. He didn't even want it to be true, but as he read he just couldn't deny it, and it felt so good. The other day we went home with him to meet his family (which was incredible), and I explained to him that when he get the gift of the Holy Ghost this Sunday he will have that feeling all the time. His response what that he just can't wait. He is also preparing to get the priesthood the week after his baptism. His obedience and his dedication is something to be admired. I feel so lucky to be able to be one of the missionaries to teach him. Saturday will be a real good day in Norway. 

We also had a real good experience last week. For one reason or another we ended up in a place that we never really go. One of the random Bybane stops...Sletten...for those of you reading who know. It was, as usual, pouring rain. I was feeling a little goofey, the best for contacting, and I started making jokes about the rain and water proof shoes to the random stranger. I don't even remember what it was, but I thought I was a lot funnier than I most likely really was. Anyway, he seemed open enough so I sat down and asked him the big question...''Do you believe in God?'' He wasn't really sure, but he did admit that just before we came he had been thinking about God and prayer. Then I sat down and taught him about God and prayer. He said everytime he feels low and thinks of God he meets a Mormon missionary, but he never comes to hear our whole message. I was over that. I told him we were going to stay right here in the pouring rain at the bus stop and he was going to hear what we had to say. So we taught him about God and the restoration and the glorious Book of Mormon. Anyway, to make a long story short he has met with us everyday since then. He came to church, but got scared and didn't make it all the way in. I simply called him and told him he had to come back. He was glad that he did. You can tell the blessings of the gospel are coming into his life, and he really needs them so it is really nice to see. Everyday he gets a little more light. His name is P and he is a miracle. 

I'm getting real good at seeing miracles. I'm getting real good at having faith. I'm getting better and better at being an instrument.

Oh yeah, and then there was New Years. We had a party at the church and we stayed out until midnight. We played pictionary and had a treasure hunt and sang sing star or something. A was there with a friend for part of the night and P also came. At midnight we went outside to see all the fireworks, and let me tell you what, Norway knows how to do Fireworks. They were all over the sky. We light sparklers and toasted to the New Year. It was even better because I knew it was half way through the dark months. I'm almost there. 

It was real nice to call home. I think it was just what I needed. I don't feel homesick anymore, I just feel happy. 

Love You Mucho Grande.

No comments:

Post a Comment